Monday, December 31, 2012

2013 Goals and 2012 Results



I had some challenging goals for 2012.  Here's how I did.
  1. Lift weights consistently - FAIL.  I lifted once a week for the first 7 months but really never took it to a new level.  Then I got really busy at work and decided to stop lifting altogether.  I am week...but see below for why that won't be for long.  Overall, I'm very happy with my athletic/fitness work in 2012.  Highlights include:
  2. Floss at least once a week all year.  SUCCESS.  Easy, but did it.
  3. Weigh less than 190 lbs by 2/20/12.  SUCCESS
  4. Weigh less than 180 lbs by 5/12/12.  SUCCESS*  5/12/12 was the riverbank.  At the END of the race I weighed 179.5 but I really never weighed less than 185.  I couldn't motivate myself to get below 185. I was successful in maintaining 185 for 2 months.  
  5. Give up pop for the entire year - SUCCESS.  This was tough, but I'm glad I did it.  The only exception I added throughout the year was that I could have pop when I was out of state.  I figured it was a good move as I drove through the night to Florida in March.  Besides Florida I was out of state a total of 6 days so my pop consumption was still minimal.
And now, time for Randy's ridiculous 2013 goals.  Only 2 goals this year but they are whoppers.
  1. DUNK.  Dunk a regulation men's basketball on a regulation 10' basketball hoop.  I have a terrible vertical jump, like 16".  Luckily I'm 6'2".  With a running start I can touch the rim with my fingertips so I figure I have to gain a minimum of 6" on my vertical to have a chance of dunking.  This goal will require several months of painful strength and jump training.  I start Wednesday.
  2. Give up baked goods for the entire year.  Without putting much thought into it I can already see there is a lot of grey area around what constitutes a baked good.  For this goal, I plan to eliminate the following:  cookies, pastries, cakes, pies, bars, and any other obvious home baked good.  My only exception will be if I'm in a social situation where turning down a baked good would be perceived as rude.

2 Comments:

Blogger Slicy said...

You are insane.

I hope, on behalf of all pathetic whities like myself, that you slam it down like a boss at least once.

good luck!

1:27 AM  
Blogger Slicy said...

You are insane.

I hope, on behalf of all pathetic whities like myself, that you slam it down like a boss at least once.

good luck!

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home