Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 Results

My 2009 goals were simpler than previous years, but also more difficult. Here are my results:
  1. Run the Riverbank in less than 2:00:00 - FAIL. I had my fair share of excuses, but the bottom line is I didn't make my goal by almost 6 minutes. Full Story.
  2. Run a marathon in less than 4:00:00 - SUCCESS!! This was one of my greatest athletic achievements ever. I trained well, raced smart, and gutted out an amazing final mile to reach my goal by 37 seconds!
  3. Read at least 4 books cover to cover - Success. The final count was 9 full books completed. My list:
  • Into the Wild by Jon Krakeur
  • Timeline by Michael Creighton
  • Brain Training for Runners by Matt Fitzgerald
  • Conspiracy by Charlotte Greig
  • State of Fear by Michael Creighton
  • Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
  • Sail by James Patterson
  • Meltdown by Tom Woods
  • The Bible

So 2/3 in 2009. Not too bad. Time for my 2010 goals and I think this year needs another Ridiculous Randy goal. This time it is food based.

  1. Run the Riverbank in under 2:00:00. This will forever be a goal until I get it.
  2. Read at least 6 books
  3. *Ridiculous Randy Goal - Eat NO candy for the entire year. This will be challenging both because of temptations and simply from forgetting and "accidentally"eating a piece. For clarification, gum is OK, as is candy in baked goods. Candy bars, hard candy, M&M's (ouch), isolated chocolate (chocolate chips, chocolate bars) and all other obviously "candy" items are illegal. Bars, cookies, ice cream, cake, fudge, or other sweets are acceptable. I can't even guess how many candy calories I ate last year. I'm sure I'll replace them with something else, but it'll have to be at least a little healthier.

HAPPY NEW YEAR from Erin, Randy, and Evie

2 Comments:

Blogger Slicy said...

excellent, excellent. I usually try to copy your goals, however... I worked the night shift over the 31st to the 1st and I already lost on the candy goal so I'll have to pick another.

Good luck with the anti-candy, I think you're crazy.

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home