Monday, November 09, 2009

Christmas Lights 2009

My obsession continues. This year the lights were up by October 31 and promptly displayed on November 1. I added some color diversification and didn't waste any lighting on the bushes, which were fully covered by snow 50% of the time last year.

Here is my Christmas light progression. 2005-2007 were at my Kentwood house.

2005

2006


2007

2008

2009

I think the green and red trees on the left are a nice touch. I also doubled the number of lights on the center tree and did a blue/white combo on the tree to the right. The house itself still has plenty of room to expand :)

We even trimmed the tree and decorated the inside of the house the first week of November. Evie was curious, and of course had to help 'da' with his project.
Evie has the Christmas spirit! Here is a video of her playing with her favorite new toy - Perry the Penguin.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

oh my gosh that video is soooooooo cute! you gotta take more of her!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Slicy said...

I wonder you guys are going to "have yourself a Merry Little Christmas..." especially after hearing that song 2904823984239 times in a row. You should start keeping track of how many times she plays that. That way you can look forward to each time with a smile. It will be an evil, eerie scary smile that makes you want to kill penguins, but a smile none the less.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Darren said...

That looks like too much work. When we get a house this is how I'll decorate.

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home