Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ketchup

I love Ketchup. Here are my personal guidelines, I'm sure you will disagree:

  • Put ketchup on virtually every type of meat - steak, chicken, hamburger, sausage, hot dog, brat. Notable exceptions are turkey and ham (except when they are dry, then ketchup is appropriate).
  • Put ketchup on most types of potato - french fries, baked potato, potato chips.
  • Put ketchup on anything fried.
  • ALWAYS dip everything - dipping ensures the optimal amount of ketchup for every bite.
  • I'm not a ketchup snob. Any U.S. brand tastes good to me. The only ketchup I haven't liked is a European version that was way too sweet. Kyder (Aldi) is what I have at home.
  • No ketchup on eggs.
  • No ketchup on Mac and Cheese.
  • At fast food restaurants, I either create a ketchup mountain directly on the tray, or on the bottom side of a super size beverage lid. There is no point in using those dinky paper cups.
  • If necessary, ask for ketchup packets by the fist full.
  • When dining in, check the level of the ketchup bottle at your table immediately when you sit down. If less than 1/2 full, request a new bottle way before your food comes. Remind the server if necessary.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Derek said...

you and I are like the exact same when it comes to ketchup preferences. Also, I always check the bottle first thing at restaurants.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

not true, derek. you're a heyns ketchup snob.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Slicy said...

Awesome.

I expect similar advice as well concerning getting 1424 drink refills when dining out.

I'm curious about your daughter's dining habits concerning ketchup...

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home