Monday, December 22, 2008

Hawaii Vacation - Maui Part 4

For Thanksgiving we went to the Old Lahaina Luau. It was very well done with a nice sunset, awesome food, and a great Hawaiian dance show. I wanted to surf in Hawaii, but we stayed on the calm side of the island. When we were on the windy/wavy side I didn't want to waste time trying to learn surfing when I could enjoy boogie boarding. Boogie boarding was awesome. We went 3 times and the waves ranged from 4 to 8 feet. I thought I was pretty good after our second afternoon of boogie boarding.

But the waves were a couple feet bigger on our third attempt, and we were destroyed. If we made it past the break in one piece, we were thrown down hard when we caught a wave. Despite the pain, it was still terrific and I highly recommend it.
We went whale watching one afternoon, but were a little early for whale season. Instead, we watched a happy-go-lucky baby.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home