Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend 2008

This Memorial Day weekend was special in a new way. It was Evie's first trip to one of our favorite places - the cottage. Evie enjoyed a 3 day weekend and was very spoiled for the entire time. She was held and cuddled so much that she gets cranky now whenever she is left alone now.
My mom was the most possessive of Evie's time. Whenever someone hinted that they might be ready to pass Evie off, my mom was right there to take her turn(s). Derek thought she was overboard and nicknamed her "Grandmazilla" (kind of like the popular nickname bridezilla). Everyone enjoyed that nickname and I think it is going to stick. Sorry Grandmazilla.
I had my first ski of the year, which is always the coldest and most painful one.
Evie's first bath was very traumatic for both her and me. She screamed all throughout and as a sympathetic father I could hardly take it. Fortunately for both of us she now seems to enjoy her baths. I would call her expression during bath time nervous happiness. It looks like she enjoys it, but at the same time she doesn't fully trust us yet.
All babies spit-up. Most of the time it is no big deal. On Sunday Evie had one of those I-look-like-I'm-fine-but-here-comes-a-huge-unexpected-projectile spit-ups. She goes from happily looking around, to an entire meal coming out of her mouth and nose, back to happily looking around in about 15 seconds. I received the brunt of it this time.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Slicy said...

LOL!

That picture right after she spit up is hilarious! She has such the perfect smirk of "Oh, hey, don't mind that, it's from me so it's cool, right?" Along with it she emits the mega-cuteness rays, which make it so you don't really care whatever it was that she just did.

Nice :)

11:14 AM  
Blogger Darren said...

nice carve. I'm still sore from that skiing run, looks like I'm really out of shape...

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home