Sunday, October 01, 2006

Neighbors to the South

This weekend was the beginning of a prolonged visit to Indiana. Erin and I drove down to spend the weekend with Eric, Amy, and Renae. Eric, Amy, and I tailgated all day for the Notre Dame, Purdue game. As always, the best tailgaters are the chemical engineering and chemistry groups...well we have fun at least.

We played some intense games like the golf ball toss and the pong game as well as cooking a lot of good food.

The game wasn't nearly as exciting. Unfortunately Notre Dame won so I didn't get to witness another stadium full of dejected students. That was fun the last 3 times I went to games in South Bend.

Erin and I continued south and are now in Indianapolis for the week as I take a class for work. Downtown Indy is really nice. We walked around for a couple of hours and ate some good Chinese.

I was very pleasantly surprised to find out that we could go up to the top of the monument in the center of town. And even better yet, we could take the 350 stairs!! It seems all the cool viewing decks these days can only be accessed by elevators, even when stairs are readily available. A guy like me needs to climb the stairs, so that's exactly what we did. Erin is such a good sport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home