Sunday, December 11, 2005

A midnight jog

It was a fun weekend hanging out with friends. On Friday we met some friends downtown and on Saturday we had a little party at our place. A few people came early and we played some snow football. Erin was all time QB and did a steller job leading both teams to a 1-1 tie.

Sometimes Erin got tired and insisted on having the huddle while sitting down.

We also played the classic games "bucks up" and pie tag.


At night we enjoyed wine, food, and games.




One of the most insteresting moments in the night was when Jenny challenged me to a race. Jenny has this complex with competing against me. To her, everything is an opportunity for her to beat me at something. Naturraly, I enjoy these ranom challenges. So at about 11 pm she wants to take on in running. We decided on running to CVS and back, which is 0.3 miles away for a run of a little over 1/2 a mile. She had her shoes on first and started running, getting about 20 feet ahead of me as I left the house. I stayed about that far behind her most of the way down the street until we approached 52nd and a car that had just turned onto Wyndtree toward us. I can only imagine what they must have thought seeing a grown female running down a snowy street late a night without a coat on and being pursued by a large male man wearing a collared shirt and no coat. To add to the confusing image Jenny puts out her hand giving the hitchhiking sign and slowed to a walk. The driver rolled down her window and as I passed Jenny I could hear her saying "Can I get a ride to CVS, I'm racing this kid." We were only a couple hundred feet from CVS at that point. Unfortunately for Jenny she didn't get that ride and her pause cost her the competition as I stayed about 50 feet ahead of her the rest of the time. Victory!

We also had some fun with Jenny's camera. Disturbing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home