Thursday, October 13, 2005

It has been a long weight

Today was a monumental day for me. Today I weighed under 200 pounds for the first time since 7th grade. I was always a tall and very big kid. My earliest memory of my size was when I realized I weighed as much as my 3rd grade teacher. In all fairness to me, though, she was tiny. I surpassed 200 pounds sometime in the 7th grade I'm pretty sure. Sometime during Christmas break my junior year of high school I maxed out around 265. It was shortly there after that I decided once basketball season ended I would cut way back and trim down. From April until August I lost 50 pounds, down to 215.

For the last 5 years I've happily coasted between 205 and 230 depending on the year and especially depending on the season. About 2 years I ago I decided to track my weight. So every thursday morning between 8am and 10am I weigh myself on a scale at work that can weigh accurately to the gram (.002 lbs). I wear the same work shirt, jeans, and work boots every day so the data is as consistent as possible. You can see my progress, or lack there of at times, over the last 2 years.



The key for me is simply effort. I can exercise all I want, but I often more than make up for it with how much I eat. Some strong self control is the only thing that works for me.

A gimpse into the past...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home